Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Query 15: Can't Find Uranus with Both Hands and a Flashlight

Dear Agent,
This is your lucky day! Attached for your review and enjoyment is my 6,000-word picture book entitled Sparky Squirrel Finds His Nuts. Follow Sparky's adventures along with his friends Ollie Ostrich, Greta Goose, Timmy Turtle, and Spritzy Skunk. I know your submission guidelines say "no unsolicited manuscripts," but I know in this case you'll make an exception. You won't want to miss out on representing the next Dr. Seuss and J.K. Rowling rolled into one!!!
Children and parents everywhere will love this rhyming story, which teaches kids that we can all be friends even though we're all different.
I know that this will be a real hit with kids since my own children and the kids in my neighborhood love it. It makes a great read-aloud bedtime story-- they are always sleeping like little angels by the time I get to the end. Here's the best news: this is just the first book in a 10-part series! I'm working on the second book already, in which readers will delight in following Sparky and friends in their wacky outer-space adventures in Sparky Squirrel Explores Uranus.
My brother is really good at drawing so I've asked him to be my illustrator. I'm sure he'll give you a good deal on the pictures for the book. Please let me know as soon as possible when we can get rolling on the publication. I look forward to meeting you and working with you!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's an honor just to be nominated for the category, "Why are you so good at being so bad?" My feelings can only be expressed through the words of my favorite character:

"I'm in print! I'm SOMEBODY now! This is the kind of spontaneous publicity that MAKES people! Things are going to start happening to me now..."
--Navin R. Johnson, "The Jerk", after discovering his name in the phone book.

Lynne
(pen name C. Looless)

Sarah Miller said...

Priceless...

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you asked your brother to do the illustrations. I don't think any professional illustrator would touch this. Maybe a medical illustrator??

Anonymous said...

No, I don't think the illustrator would need to have any medical knowledge necessarily. Just anyone who can draw large acorns will do.

Photoshop will do the rest.

Anonymous said...

Ew. Do you have to scan anything?

Anonymous said...

No scanning necessary-- we'll just copy pictures of animals from clipart and use the magic of photoshop to complete the illustrations.

Evafhadilah28@gmail.com said...

I say many thanks to the father of the website admin I read this, because at this website I know a lot of information information that I did not know before his

Testimoni Ace Maxs Menghilangkan Benjolan Di Leher
Dampak Negatif Sering Tidur
Mencegah Kanker Serviks Dengan Gaya Hidup Sehat
Manfaat Semangka bagi Penderita Tumor Parotis
Cara Mengobati Penyakit Dengan Kunyit